Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Wadkin <j....@hud.ac.uk> on 2002/02/18 18:15:18 UTC

TomCat's XML parser

All,

I'm in the process of setting up a (Unix) system ready for a servlet. I'm
told by the person who wrote the servlet that it needs a XML parser. He
recommends Xerces and (apparently) I'll also need SAX.
I know that TomCat uses Xerces but which version? And does that include SAX?
If so, which version? I've read the doc's and the latest version of Xerces
no longer comes as Xerces.jar - it's now two separate jars - but can be made
into a single jar. This leaves me wondering if TomCat uses the latest
version or not - i.e. TomCat has xerces.jar in tchome/common.
Also, would it be possible to have a second parser installed alongside
Xerces - e.g. Aelfred - without breaking TomCat?

Thanks,

John