Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2017/02/24 15:53:34 UTC

Re: Flink dependencies shading

Hi Dmitry!

I know its been a while since this was reported, but I was recently looking at this issue and it seems like flink-mesos actually doesn’t contain the httpclient dependency, so that shouldn’t be the problem.

Could it be that you’ve built Flink incorrectly?
Note the info about the Maven versions in the Building Flink from Source docs: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/building.html#dependency-shading.
If you’re using Maven version 3.3.x+ to build Flink, you’ll need to first build in the base directory, and then in `flink-dist` again for the dependencies to be shaded properly.

- Gordon

On January 27, 2017 at 12:24:35 AM, Dmitry Golubets (dgolubets@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi Robert,

I ended up overriding Flink httpclient version number in main pom file and recompiling it.

Thanks

Best regards,
Dmitry

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Dmitry,

I think this issue is new.
Where is the AWS SDK dependency coming from? Maybe you can resolve the issue on your side for now.
I've filed a JIRA for this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5661

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Dmitry Golubets <dg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've build latest Flink from sources and it seems that httpclient dependency from flink-mesos is not shaded. It causes troubles with latest AWS SDK.
Do I build it wrong or is it a known problem?

Best regards,
Dmitry