Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/11/01 23:25:18 UTC

Re: edismax/boost: certain documents should be last

: For the record, I figured out something that will work, although it is
: somewhat inelegant. My q parameter is now:
:
: (+content:notes -genre:Citation)^20 (+content:notes genre:Citation)^0.01
:
: Can I improve on that?

not really (although you can probably get cleaner seperate of query and
penalty modifiers using either the bq or boost params on edismax, or the
"boost" QParser wrapping the edismax parser)

the nutshell issue is that there is no such thing as a negative boost --
to penalize the scores docs in set "A" you have to reward the docs in the
set of "not A"

-Hoss