Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net> on 2003/08/23 12:52:44 UTC

svn cat -r BASE goes to the network

Hi all,

I was in the process of writing a little wrapper script to help me use my
visual diff tool, and noticed something that I thought was a little bit
interesting.  I performed the following:

  svn cat -r BASE subversion/libsvn_repos/dump.c > old.dump.c

and the client went to the next work to fetch the copy.  I was a little bit
surprised by this since I thought it was being stored already in
.svn/text-base.  Was this intentional?  Or should it be fetching it from
text-base?

-John

Re: svn cat -r BASE goes to the network

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Saturday 23 August 2003 09:23, D.J. Heap wrote:
> This is issue 1361, if I understand you correctly -- cat contacted the
> repo to get the file even though you specified BASE revision.
>
> DJ

Doh, forgot to check the issue tracker.  Yes, that would be the problem. :-)

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net>.