Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Flavio Tobias <fl...@maxtrack.com.br> on 2003/04/23 19:57:59 UTC

How to create certificates for https access?

How can I create ssl certificates, in order to do not warning the user with the message that pops up when acessing
https://host:8443
All three recomendetion on my message comes with warning symbol. How can I solve this?

Thanks
Flavio

Re: How to create certificates for https access?

Posted by Lynn Tran <ly...@cisco.com>.
Hi,

I gave the server name at keytool's "What is your first and last name"
question when creating the certificate, browser no longer brings up the 3
msgs with the warning symbol, ie:

Assume your URL is: https://my_test_machine:8443

Run keytool:

./keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore
/opt/CSCOccdm/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3

Enter keystore password:  changeit
What is your first and last name?
   [Unknown]:  my_test_machine