Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeff cox <Je...@cwindustries.net> on 2003/01/14 06:41:15 UTC

postgresql

Hi,
   I have been trying to set up jetspeed-1.4b3 with postgresql 7.3 and
having trouble getting the database schema set up properly. I have
scoured the mailing list archives regarding my issue, but come up pretty
short. I did find a few references to the exception I am getting. That
exception being "unable to authenticate user "anon", attribute
turbine_user.password_changed does not exist"... or something similar to
that. Obviously, Turbine_user.password_changed doesn't exist in the
table. Inspecting the turbine-postgres.sql file, verfied that no such
field would have been created. Upon inspection of the other ".sql" files
corresponding to mysql and hypersonic, I find that password_changed does
exist in those files. Further inspection, of these files also reveals
that the postgres file is creating a table "ID_TABLE" that is not being
created in the other databases. WHEW... all that being said, I can
easily alter the postgres script to reflect the differences, however, is
that a good idea? I of course don't mean to say I would do something
like delete the sequence creation steps in the postgres file as they are
not in the mysql file, but would certainly remove the creation of the
ID_TABLE. Anyone who has some thoughts on this or has experienced
this... please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: postgresql

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 09:41  PM, Jeff cox wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have been trying to set up jetspeed-1.4b3 with postgresql 7.3 and
> having trouble getting the database schema set up properly. I have
> scoured the mailing list archives regarding my issue, but come up
> pretty
> short. I did find a few references to the exception I am getting. That
> exception being "unable to authenticate user "anon", attribute
> turbine_user.password_changed does not exist"... or something similar
> that. Obviously, Turbine_user.password_changed doesn't exist in the
> table. Inspecting the turbine-postgres.sql file, verfied that no such
> field would have been created. Upon inspection of the other ".sql"
> files
> corresponding to mysql and hypersonic, I find that password_changed
> does
> exist in those files. Further inspection, of these files also reveals
> that the postgres file is creating a table "ID_TABLE" that is not being
> created in the other databases. WHEW... all that being said, I can
> easily alter the postgres script to reflect the differences, however,
> is
> that a good idea? I of course don't mean to say I would do something
> like delete the sequence creation steps in the postgres file as they
> are
> not in the mysql file, but would certainly remove the creation of the
> ID_TABLE. Anyone who has some thoughts on this or has experienced
> this... please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Thats my bad, sorry. I missed that one.

All you need to do is this:

1. edit build/torque/torque.properties
        torque.database=postgresql

2. from the build directory, run 'ant'

3. use the generated file to create the db
      src/sql/security-schema.sql

4. let us now how it works, and if it needs any tweaks. we can then
check it back into the src/sql/external directory as postgres.sql

5. Take a look at the populate script, see if its in sync with the
other scripts

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software