Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Orson Davis <OD...@planetsalvage.com> on 2003/06/06 00:14:00 UTC

XSLT Transformer newlines

I am converting a production environment from cocoon 1.8.2 to cocoon 2.0.4
running on tomcat/jboss3.0.4.  The problem that I am running into over and
over again is that the new cocoon when generating html puts
newlines/carriage returns after certain tags.  I have re-written a number of
pages such that the it doesn't affect my layout any longer, but I have some
stylesheets that I use to dynamically generate javascript embedded in the
html.  That makes it so that I need a lot more control over the spaces.  Can
etc.  Admittedly, reading html output from cocoon 2.0.4 is infinitely better
than cocoon 1.8.2, but I am running into difficulty with it.

Here is pertinent line from xitemap.xmap:
<map:transformer name="xslt" pool-grow="2" pool-max="32" pool-min="8"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer">
    <use-request-parameters>true</use-request-parameters>
    <use-browser-capabilities-db>false</use-browser-capabilities-db>
   </map:transformer>

cocoon.xconf is default.

P.S.  In case anyone is wondering the javascript in this particular instance
generates a popup window.