Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/24 18:39:12 UTC

base align

Dear All,

How to base align the text.

If, widow line or orphan line is coming on bottom of
the page or top of the page, the text is need to
automatically move to next page, the remaining space
need to adjust automatically (like LaTeX). This
possible.....

I would appreciate anybody help..

Regards,
bala

Re: UNICODE VALUE

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
H. krishna wrote:
> I would like to create PDF file from the XML using
> XSL-FO for compare purpose. When I compare the XML-PDF
> and 3B2-PDF, the text appears is correct, except the
> unicode characters like (&alpha, &beta,
> &#x003B1;....). How to change the unicode character
> font???

Have you read
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters
and
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
already?

J.Pietschmann

UNICODE VALUE

Posted by "H. krishna" <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Everybody,

I had done one project in 3B2 platform. The input file
taken in XML format.

I would like to create PDF file from the XML using
XSL-FO for compare purpose. When I compare the XML-PDF
and 3B2-PDF, the text appears is correct, except the
unicode characters like (&alpha, &beta,
&#x003B1;....). How to change the unicode character
font???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
bala

Re: base align

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
H. krishna wrote:
> How to base align the text.
>
> If, widow line or orphan line is coming on bottom of
> the page or top of the page, the text is need to
> automatically move to next page, the remaining space
> need to adjust automatically (like LaTeX). This
> possible.....

The XSLFO spec doesn't mandate any specific behaviour nor provides
any way to explicit control block space justification wrt. to
filling or bottom alignment (in multi column layout). You are
basically at the mercy of the processor implementation.

J.Pietschmann