Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Clark, Raymond C" <Ra...@ehi.com> on 2017/01/18 02:50:57 UTC

What causes "Using fallback font LiberationSans for Helvetica"?

I thought Helvetica was a standard font supported by PDFBox, yet, when I use my code to build PDFs it builds fine but I get this message many times in my log file.

[log4j][ServiceQueueSyncProcessThread: '0' for queue ProductsStmtService][2017-01-17 10:14:01,145] org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font WARN  Using fallback font LiberationSans for Helvetica

What would be causing this and what do I need to change so that it doesn't come out?  Am I possibly doing something wrong?

Thank you,
Ray

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.

Re: What causes "Using fallback font LiberationSans for Helvetica"?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 18.01.2017 um 15:53 schrieb Clark, Raymond C:
> Well, I thought Helvetica was a standard font in PDFBox.
>
> In my run I have the same PDF produced twice.  The first PDF I don't get this message the second PDF I do get it.  I'm wondering if I am not calling something to close out or clean up something that is causing this message to come out.
>
> Point is, do you know why the first PDF would generate fine and the same PDF with different data (IE same fonts) would produce this log message?

No... maybe this goes away if the cache font directory problem is solved?

Tilman

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.