Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Roc Marshal <fl...@126.com> on 2020/10/20 02:35:20 UTC

Question about Flink-SQL

Hello,

Does Flink-SQL support fetching Mysql meta information automaticly  in the latest version, ? If not, could the you adding this feature ?
Thank you.

Best, Roc.

Re: Question about Flink-SQL

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Roc

> Does Flink-SQL support fetching Mysql meta information automaticly  in the latest version, ? If not, could the you adding this feature ?

You can obtain the latest meta information(table schema) by using Flink JdbcCalatag[1], only PostgresCatalog is implemented, user can implemented the JdbcCalatag by themselves (e.g. MysqlCatalog), I didn’t see the plan in the latest version.

BTW, Flink SQL does not  support table schema evolving because Flink requires the table schema is determinate in SQL job compile phase, most SQL engines also have this limitation.

Best,
Leonard
[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/connectors/jdbc.html#usage-of-postgrescatalog <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/connectors/jdbc.html#usage-of-postgrescatalog>