Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Amandeep Jawa <de...@imagelock.com> on 2000/10/26 01:50:18 UTC

2 Questions: FAQ & running javah

Hey folks -

I'm new to this list & was wondering a couple of things:
1) is there a FAQ or mailing list archive?  the jakarta faq ia always down
.....  but i''m sure my questions have been answered 1000 times

2) is there a way to run javah from ant (i'm generating C header files)

'deep

--------------------------
Amandeep Jawa
Imagelock, Inc.
--------------------------
deep@imagelock.com
1725 Montgomery St
San Francisco CA 94111

Work: 415 616 7262 (616 SAMBA)
Fax: 415 392 5382

http://www.imagelock.com

Questions re: "hierarchical builds" and search for build.xml "up" in tree

Posted by Tom Johnson <td...@ajile.com>.
A few days back, Diane Holt wrote:

> Given that Ant now searches up through the tree, looking for the first
> "build.xml" file it finds, couldn't you be in either the dir that contains
> the sub-project's "build.xml", or any subdir down from there?

I must have misunderstood this, but my observation is that in Ant 1.2,
I have a build.xml file in, say c:\root\

and:

cd c:\root
ant build

etc. works fine

but if I do this:

cd c:\root\subdir
ant build
Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!

Is there some special technique I should use to get this effect?
I see value in a single build file for multiple targets but developers are used
to invoking builds from the directory context where they're working.

Our builds are not that complex (yet) and I would like to start with something
that keeps the setup simple, then grow it to accomodate highest priority needs.

Tom Johnson
Technical Staff
aJile Systems, Inc.     http://www.ajile.com/
tdjohnson@ajile.com     319 378 3941

RE: 2 Questions: FAQ & running javah

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.

> http://archive.covalent.net - there is also a searchable
> archive, but I
> don't find the URL currently, sorry.

ant-user
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&r=1&w=2

ant-dev
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&r=1&w=2

Re: 2 Questions: FAQ & running javah

Posted by Nico Seessle <Ni...@epost.de>.
> I'm new to this list & was wondering a couple of things:
> 1) is there a FAQ or mailing list archive?  the jakarta faq ia always down
> .....  but i''m sure my questions have been answered 1000 times

http://archive.covalent.net - there is also a searchable archive, but I
don't find the URL currently, sorry.

> 2) is there a way to run javah from ant (i'm generating C header files)

There is currently not an explicit task to use javah, but thru the exec-task
you can execute the javah command-line tool.

Nico