Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/11/25 13:29:20 UTC

[SOLVED] Re: Premature end of file error with xinclude?

For the record, I have finally found the problem... turns
out one of the XML files in the folder was only partly
uploaded to the server, and thus could not be processed.

It would be *very* nice if this type of error was more
effectively reported i.e. saying "there is a problem with
line N of file ABC".

>>> DHohls@csir.co.za 2004/11/22 04:51:38 PM >>>
I have an app that is tested and working on the development
machine (Windows), but when I upload and run the production
box (Unix) I get the following strange error:

ERROR   (2004-11-22) 12:32.14:117   [sitemap.transformer.xinclude]
(/cocoon215/soc/indicators)
Thread-20/XIncludeTransformer.XIncludePipe:
Error in processXIncludeElement
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file

This comes after running a file list generate option.  It results
in an XML file which looks like:

<items xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
xmlns:dir="http://apache.org/cocoon/directory/2.0">
<file name="001.xml"><xi:include
href="items/001.xml#xmlns(inml=http://www.joe.com/schema/etek/air/itemml/v01)xpointer(//inml:item/meta)"/></file>
<file name="002.xml"><xi:include
href="items/002.xml#xmlns(inml=http://www.joe.com/schema/etek/air/itemml/v01)xpointer(//inml:item/meta)"/></file>
</items>

But when I add the next step in the pipeline:
<map:transform type="xinclude"/>

I get the above error.

Any ideas why this is happening (running
Cocoon 2.1.5 on both platforms)?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Premature end of file error with xinclude?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.11.2004 13:29, Derek Hohls wrote:

> It would be *very* nice if this type of error was more
> effectively reported i.e. saying "there is a problem with
> line N of file ABC".

It's the parser, so blame Xerces for it :-)

Joerg