Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roberto UserList <rc...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 21:52:58 UTC

[M2] Running maven avoing checking the existence of pom file in the local repository

Hi all!
I've been facing a problem when I run maven in the production environment,
and it tries to load "drools-core-3.0.2.pom" pom file from local repository.
My production environment is isolated from Internet, so It cannot access
Ibiblio or any other remote repository and, in my local repository I do not
have the pom file it looks is looking for ("drools-core-3.0.2.pom")
What can I do to order Maven not to take care about the existance of this
certain pom file?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Regards,
Roberto.
Check it out the log file:
[INFO] Preparing javadoc:javadoc
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
Downloading:
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org//drools/drools-core/3.0.2/drools-core-3.0.2.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: drools:drools-core

Reason: Error getting POM for 'drools:drools-core' from the repository:
Error transferring file
 drools:drools-core:pom:3.0.2

from the specified remote repositories:
 Codehaus Snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 minutes 18 seconds

Re: [M2] Running maven avoing checking the existence of pom file in the local repository

Posted by Roberto UserList <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jo! I think I was not clear enough.
I configured in the pom.xml of my project all necessary dependencies, but,
there is no correpondent ".pom" file for every ".jar" file in the local
repository.
Maven was able to ignore the absence of this ".pom" files when I executed it
some monthes ago.
But, something in the environment has changed so that, now, Maven is not
ignoring the absence of this files.
Maven is running in a production computer isolated from Internet, and, some
libraries, for example "drools-core-3.0.2.jar", I cannot find the
corresponding ".pom" file on Internet.
Up to now, the workaround I've been using is to install libraries again
using "mvn install", with the option: -DgeneratePom=true, in orther to
generate the correpondent ".pom" file.
I'd like to know if there is an option, or something like that, to tell
Maven to ignore the absence of ".pom" of a dependencies library of my
project?
Thanks a lot for the help.
Regards,
Roberto.