Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/06 16:35:25 UTC

Possible Starteam Antlib [WAS RE: Unit tests results with current head]

Stefan and others,

what would be the process to move the starteam code to become an antlib ?

would we first move the starteam code to the antlibs sandbox, then through a graduation process to the antlibs proper ?

Regards,

Antoine
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:11:06 -0500
Von: "Burgess, Benjamin" <BB...@tiaa-cref.org>
An: "Ant Developers List" <de...@ant.apache.org>
Betreff: RE: Unit tests results with current head

Re: Possible Starteam Antlib

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Stefan and others,
>
> what would be the process to move the starteam code to become an
> antlib ?

Add them to the sandbox, try to find three committers[1], call for a
vote to promote it, release it like any other piece of ASF software
8-)

> would we first move the starteam code to the antlibs sandbox, then
> through a graduation process to the antlibs proper ?

I'd say you can skip the sandbox if you find three committers right
away.

Stefan

Footnotes:

[1] this step failed when Kev tried to do the same for the VSS antlib

Re: Possible Starteam Antlib [WAS RE: Unit tests results with current head]

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
> What I am wondering about is : would we remove the Starteam tasks from
> Ant 1.7.1 for instance ?
> or have them both in Ant 1.7.1 and in the antlib ?

I'd think that there would need to be a changeover period where
starteam was available in ant and as a separate antlib (say for
1.7.1), but also note in the docs for ant and in the starteam ant task
that the task is now deprecated.  Then in 1.7.2 remove the task from
ant and just leave the antlib

Kev

Re: Possible Starteam Antlib

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> What I am wondering about is : would we remove the Starteam tasks
> from Ant 1.7.1 for instance ?  or have them both in Ant 1.7.1 and in
> the antlib ?

Deprecate them for one release before removing them.

Stefan

Re: Possible Starteam Antlib [WAS RE: Unit tests results with current head]

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Kevin and others,

I have read manifestations of interest from two persons who contributed
to these tasks so far.
So finding 3 people might work for Starteam.

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antoine (et al)..