Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Fortin, John {PBG}" <Jo...@pepsi.com> on 2005/03/18 20:31:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Throttling # servers used by virtual host (Apache 2)

Is there a way to set the maximun number of servers a vitual host can use?
We had an instance where a particular VH database connection locked up.  In
a short period, the load balancer heart beat check had locked up all the
Apache server processes effectively locking up Apache for any VH on the
server.

I did see the mod_throttle module, but that seems to be only for Apache 1.3.

Any thought?

--John

John Fortin
PBG Middleware and Web Services

Re: [users@httpd] Throttling # servers used by virtual host (Apache 2)

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:31:13 -0600, Fortin, John {PBG}
<Jo...@pepsi.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to set the maximun number of servers a vitual host can use?
> We had an instance where a particular VH database connection locked up.  In
> a short period, the load balancer heart beat check had locked up all the
> Apache server processes effectively locking up Apache for any VH on the
> server.
>
> I did see the mod_throttle module, but that seems to be only for Apache 1.3.

It looks like this module is designed to do that:
http://www.ivn.cl/apache/
But I haven't tried it myself.

Also try browsing through http://modules.apache.org/

Joshua.