Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by eb...@gmail.com on 2019/10/19 14:23:10 UTC

Netbean Gradle with Java 13

Not sure this will be something to watch going forward but on the openjfx-Dev mailing list [1], I noticed with Java 13, there was some Gradle build issues. Is this likely to impact Gradle builds in Netbeans as well?

[1] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2019-October/023737.html

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com

Re: Re: Netbean Gradle with Java 13

Posted by László Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Not tested throughosly, but it seems no. The current tooling API though it
is 4.6.2 still works well with newer Gradle versions. Though 11.3 will come
with 6.x Gradle tooling.

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
6.0-RC1 has just been released...

Sven

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 7:03 PM Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well,
>
> Using Java 13 with Gradle in NetBeans is possible, I'm intending to
> create a short video how to set up that. The key point is that you need
> to use Gradle 6.0 development builds which supports Java 13. So the
> quick steps:
>
> 1. Upgrade your wrapper to 6.0 nightly:
> https://gradle.org/release-nightly/ or download it and extract it and
> set up the IDE use that version
>
> 2. Configure JDK 13 in NetBeans and assign that to your project.
>
> That's it.
>
> On 10/19/19 7:23 AM, ebresiedev@gmail.com wrote:
> > Not sure this will be something to watch going forward but on the
> openjfx-Dev mailing list [1], I noticed with Java 13, there was some Gradle
> build issues. Is this likely to impact Gradle builds in Netbeans as well?
> >
> > [1]
> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2019-October/023737.html
> >
> > Eric Bresie
> > Ebresie@gmail.com

Sven Reimers

* Senior Expert Software Architect
* Java Champion
* Apache NetBeans PPMC: http://netbeans.apache.org
* JUG Leader JUG Bodensee: https://www.meetup.com/JUG-Bodensee
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009 & 2018

* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers

Re: Netbean Gradle with Java 13

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well,