Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Ankur5 C <an...@tcs.com> on 2014/03/26 11:45:00 UTC

Special Charecters in Phoenix 2.2.2

Hi,

I have query like :

 SELECT * FROM v4.test  (testmeter-version VARCHAR,traffic VARCHAR) WHERE
test=?  OR test=? ;

I am getting a parsing exception from Pheonix .

Error: ERROR 601 (42P00): Syntax error. Encountered "-" at line 1, column
98. (state=42P00,code=601)

Same error via sqlline client also.

 Is it like Phoenix have some limitation in supporting characters like '-'
 while querying ?

If so could you please list down a list of such characters .

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks and Regards,
Ankur Chakraborty
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Special Charecters in Phoenix 2.2.2

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
SQL restricts column names to letters+numbers+underscore. Otherwise there
would be ambiguities in the grammar. If you want to get around this, you
can always double quote your column names.

Thanks,
James