Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Paul Bieles <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2015/03/16 16:06:49 UTC

Should all SP2013 groups be returned when crawling and searching?

Hi there,

Our solution uses ManifoldCF 2.0.1 to crawl
SharePoint 2013. The account used to do the crawling has full access to the
SP2013 instance. The data is sent to a Solr 4.10.3 shard.

When a crawl takes place only 7 out of 14 SP2013
groups are returned as tokens. The ‘Owners’ group is not one of these, meaning
anyone who owns the site has no access to any content if indexed via MCF, even
though they own it all.

Everything else about the connection seems to work
well, it just doesn’t return all of the groups expected.

Is anyone else aware of any issues where SP2013 only
returns a subset of groups for its security trimming?  Kind regards, Paul

Re: Should all SP2013 groups be returned when crawling and searching?

Posted by Madalina R <mx...@gmail.com>.
Full access was not enough for me, I crawled with an account with site coll
permissions.

--

Madalina