Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Yu Jie <we...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/01 10:21:31 UTC

[users@httpd] about Apache on PPC

Dear all:

    Our organization is planning a big project which
is a Linux-Embedded system and will be sold as
products in the market.
    It is necessary for us to use web server and we
are interested in choosing Apache.
    For some reason we have to discuss whether to base
our system on Intel CPU or on PowerPC.
    So could I ask: whether Apache is supported or can
run on PowerPC(Linux OS)?
    And if possible, could you give us some suggestion
or detailed information about it?

    Any reply will be appreciated.

    Thank you very much!

Best regards

Yu Jie
2004.12.01

Re: [users@httpd] about Apache on PPC

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
well, i never used ppc, but you have a *nix environment, you have gcc, you
really should be able to compile apache.