Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Florin Andrei <fl...@andrei.myip.org> on 2016/02/04 23:29:53 UTC

replication over higher latency link

couchdb-1.6.1 on Ubuntu 14.04

Continuous replication (pull) works great with the default settings when
the two ends of the connection are near each other.

But I'm replicating now from Oregon to N. Virginia, and the ping
roundtrip latency is about 80 ms. Replication is now much slower. I've
checked all possible bottlenecks - it's not the CouchDB instances, it's
not the VPN instances, it's not the network bandwidth.

I can only hypothesize that the slow replication speed is due to
increased latency.

I'm looking at this list of settings:

https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication#New_features_introduced_in_CouchDB_1.2.0

Which ones would be useful in this case to speed up replication? It
seems like worker_processes and worker_batch_size would be good
candidates - does that sound right? Anything else I need to consider?

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/