Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sophia Wright <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 08:42:08 UTC

Size Limitation for tx.**tmp file

Hi,

As discussed
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/jira-Created-AMQ-4267-Huge-tx-tmp-file-in-the-kahadb-directory-td4662065.html#a4675449

This tmp files gets created when a transaction size has more than 10 MB of
messages and got deleted as soon as I commit or rollback the transaction.

Is there a limit (maximum value) on the size of this file or it will be keep
growing indefinitely until commit occurs ?

Thanks,
Sophia

Re: Size Limitation for tx.**tmp file

Posted by Sophia Wright <so...@gmail.com>.
Yes, temp store limit could be used.

Thanks for the reply.
I will log the JIRA request.

Re: Size Limitation for tx.**tmp file

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
please raise an enhancement issue in jira to track this. I guess we
could use the temp store limits for this... ie: have the tmp file size
increment the temp store usage, which would then block the producer.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Size Limitation for tx.**tmp file

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
that only hard limit is the available disk space

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com