Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Coutinho <pe...@live.com.pt> on 2014/03/14 17:30:12 UTC

Academic Proposal

Good evening,

I’m a student
 from Minho University in Portugal, taking my Master's in Computer Teaching, and
myself and a colleague of mine, require as a group to contribute to an open source project, as a requirement for the course, during this semester (we
must conclude by July 2014).
The expected outcomes are:
Analyst – Requirement document;
                                          Programmer – Code;
                                          Tester – Bug report.

Among
a list of choices, we were given, we chose the http://www.openoffice.org/ community to collaborate
with. Our teacher Luis Barbosa
(lsb@di.uminho.pt) is participating in
the project “A Pilot Project on Non-Conventional Learning” with the collaboration
of Sara Fernandes (sara.fernandes@iist.unu.edu)
from de United Nations University – IIST.

Myself and my colleague,
already concluded a Master's degree in Computer Science from the Faculty of Science of
Porto University - Portugal.

We have experience with: C,
C++, Java, Javascript, Prolog, Haskell, SQL, PHP, CSS, HTML. We are hoping we could collaborate
and help the openoffice community with QA, translation, graphic design or programming
tasks, maybe 3-4 hours a week.

We would like to know if you are willing to cooperate with us
and if you could recommend any appropriate
tasks for us to work on?

We
await your reply.

Best
reguards,

   Pedro

Re: Academic Proposal

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.
Hello Pedro,

What Alexandro was telling about is the tool "Proofing Tool GUI".

I have released a V3.0 beta the other week which is now ultra-fast on
dictionaries, but I still need to do the same with the other parts of
the code... it is a complex task to replace the "easy" code with more
complex one.

You can find the tool here:
http://marcoagpinto.cidadevirtual.pt/proofingtoolgui.html

I have been using it for en_GB both for Mozilla and Apache OpenOffice.

Kind regards,
         -----------------------

Re: Academic Proposal

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Academic Proposal

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 14/03/2014 Pedro Coutinho wrote:
> I’m a student
>   from Minho University in Portugal, taking my Master's in Computer Teaching, and
> myself and a colleague of mine, require as a group to contribute to an open source project, as a requirement for the course, during this semester (we
> must conclude by July 2014).
> The expected outcomes are:
> Analyst – Requirement document;
> Programmer – Code;
> Tester – Bug report.

Hello Pedro,
we probably overlooked your message since we were busy in preparing the
new 4.1 release, now in its final testing phase.

We would surely welcome working with you! You can find some basic
information about development and QA at
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/
and, once you get your build done, please e-mail us and we can find
suitable tasks for you. Feel free to ask questions at any time.

Regards,
   Andrea.