Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2008/07/15 22:03:56 UTC

Interesting example.

I was playing with the check-ins that tross and gsim made recently.
Thought it worth
a post to call out for others to play with.

QPID-1174 Remote Management Agent for management of external components

On trunk,

a.) go to in cpp/examples/qmf-agent

It allows any client to place management data into the same
infrastructure as the broker
uses. really cool. this means that a client App can place it's mgnt
commands and status along with
the broker info that it uses. You could even create links between say
the client IP and
the managed objects running on that client.

There are still a few features needing implementation, but worth a look.

simply run the makefile. it is a 3 file example, that takes simple XML
schema and generates everything

Start the broker, run qpidd-tool and look at schema and objects. then
run the example and see the schema
and object appear in qpidd-tool.

b.) The second commit from gsim I am going to comment on, is that the
broker now can support
plug-able exchanges. This means that any custom routing exchange can be
supported in the
broker with the plug-in modules.

If anyone else writes or sees any other cool features of things as they
go in, write a brief mail and copy
the user list :-)

Carl.