Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Stephen Rufle <sr...@salmonllc.com> on 2011/03/29 23:23:28 UTC

Product Store and Inventory Facility

Is it possible to setup a "Product Store" that does not use an
"Inventory Facility"

Catalog Manager/Store screen
I setup the Inventory section as follows

	Inventory Facility Id = NULL
	One Inventory Facility = NULL
	Is Immediately Fulfilled =Y
	Check Inventory = N
	Require Inventory = N
	Requirement Method Enum Id = NULL
	Reserve Inventory = N
	Reserve Order Enum Id = NULL
	Balance Res On Order Creation = N

After the above was setup I went to the "Order Manager" to create a
"Sales Order". I was able to get through the "Order Entry" process. When
I tried to use "Quick Ship Entire Order", I get an error "ProductStore
TestStore does not reserve inventory; cannot use Quick Ship for Multiple
Facilities". I is there a way to setup OfBiz so inventory/facilities are
not considered? The reason for this is that inventory levels are in an
external system.

My quick thought is that we will not be able to leverage the OOTB order
flow and will have to create an external process that will do something like
- create orders in OfBiz (set status to approved)
- export to client system
- their process to send products to customer
- import client data that indicates item is no longer back ordered and
that it is on its way to the customer

Do I have it right, or am I missing something.

Re: Product Store and Inventory Facility

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
It sounds like the problem is the attempt to use the Quick Ship code. If you don't want to use inventory/facility data or functionality, then you can't use the Quick Ship code which is all about inventory and facility.

If the goal is to get the order into the Complete status, then just use the update order or order item status services.

-David