Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ravi_eze <ra...@ivycomptech.com> on 2008/01/25 05:45:18 UTC

Type converters: please help!!! :(

hi,

i badly need the solution to this problem. i had posted this issue on xwork
forums, struts fourms previously also, but hardluck: no reply :(

i am reposting the same again... atleast let me know if this idea itself is
wrong!!! or any better approach/ is there?

Re: Type converters: please help!!! :(

Posted by ravi_eze <ra...@ivycomptech.com>.
team any help???

:(

Posted by ravi_eze <ra...@ivycomptech.com>.
any help?

had any one encountered a similar situation.

i am pasting thelink straight to the problem so that u need not navigate
throught the discussion threads to locate it.

http://www.nabble.com/Type-converters%3A-convertToString-not-called-to15034925.html

any help would be great.

regards,
ravi

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- ravi_eze <ra...@ivycomptech.com> wrote:
> public class newLongConverter extends StrutsTypeConverter {
> 	public Object convertFromString(Map context, String[] values, Class
> toClass) {
> 		if (null == values || values.length == 0 || values[0]==null ||
> values[0].trim().length()==0 )
> 			return 0;
> 		try {
> 			int i = Integer.parseInt(values[0]);

If it's a Long converter you might want to consider parsing a Long, not an
int.

That doesn't answer your question, but it still might be a good idea.

d.

Re: Type converters: please help!!! :(

Posted by ravi_eze <ra...@ivycomptech.com>.
hi,