Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Seth Cherney <se...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/07 07:46:15 UTC

mysql auth module

OK, I signed onto this list about 4 months ago, and have never seen anything remotely close to my low level of skill posed as a Q on the list.
I have been trying to rewrite a mysql login module to include more fields to check / update.  Certain parts are quite easy, but, basically I could never finish since I understand nothing of controling memory use etc, and would probably wind up with mem bloat from ...

So, is there anyone on this list interested in this as a job? Its not a big one, but it is one! Or, If you have any leads... Those on the greater net who claim to do apache mods actually dont even reply to emails on their sites, and, the lead dev for this mod is not interested - he is a prof with other things to do.

May reply privately of course! Thanks, Seth

---------------------------------

Re: mysql auth module

Posted by Seth Cherney <se...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks everyone for the responses. Im quite pressed for time this week, but will look into everything and get back to the list with my Q's. I think my problem stems more from the fact that I have never used C than anything else.  So, till next time ;)

John David Duncan <jd...@mysql.com> wrote: Hi Seth,

I'm glad to help out with particular questions on either side -- mysql
or apache.

JD

---------------------------------

Re: mysql auth module

Posted by John David Duncan <jd...@mysql.com>.
Hi Seth,

Re: mysql auth module

Posted by Joe Lewis <jo...@joe-lewis.com>.

Re: mysql auth module

Posted by Helmut Tessarek <te...@evermeet.cx>.
Hi Seth,

I recommend Nick's book:

The Apache Modules Book: Application Development with Apache
ISBN-10: 0132409674
ISBN-13: 978-0132409674

I bought the book, after I had already written my authentication module, as a
reference. It explains the memory structures you were talking about and
actually everything you need to know for writing your own modules.
I guess I would have saved a lot of time, if it had been available earlier.

Helmut