Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2017/02/22 22:16:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] SensSoft Release

Hi Folks,
I'm going to work on getting some of the SensSoft release management
material addressed.
Can someone elaborate on what a source code release for SensSoft has looked
like in the past?
From that, we can plan on how to move forward.
Thanks
Lewis

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
@hectorMcSpector

RE: [DISCUSS] SensSoft Release

Posted by "Poore, Joshua C." <jp...@draper.com>.
Hi Lewis!

New contract has started and we're back in action.

As far as prior releases, we would release the code and an example implementation in tandem. We would have a getting started guide for how to build a vagrant file, for example, from the source, and then make the source available, too. Going forward, we would like to do similar things with the Apache project. We would like to release, as artifacts, our source code, and release a deployable container, or bundle (e.g., SensSoft v.1.0.0 ) as a separate artifact. This is pretty close to what we discussed with Peter Wang in September.

We're going to start by going through our tickets and connecting each of our committed/resolved/closed to the right version for release. I can explain why that needs to be done; part of it has to do with our roadmapping activities... Once we know all the tickets that correspond to the current version of the repos, which are ready for release. We will validate our builds...

One of the questions we have after going through the release documentation is about Maven, and whether this is something that's applicable to us. Maven appears to be geared for Java applications, of which we have none--we're mostly JavaScript and Python. Any guidance there on build verification (we're already set up on Jenkins for CI)?

Does that help address some of your questions?

Josh

I'm going to work on getting some of the SensSoft release management material addressed.
Can someone elaborate on what a source code release for SensSoft has looked like in the past?
From that, we can plan on how to move forward.
Thanks
Lewis

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
@hectorMcSpector
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney
 Notice: This email and any attachments may contain proprietary (Draper non-public) and/or export-controlled information of Draper. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately destroy all copies of this email.