Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Matus Zamborsky <za...@b-ideas.eu> on 2009/07/16 09:27:33 UTC

[Vysper] PubSub question

Last day I went through PubSub XEP, and also tried to find some info on
web. One thing I am not sure I understand correctly is, that according
to pubsub specification you dont have a way to get all nodes where you
are subscribed. Image that in federated architecture, quite a nightmare.
So unless you save your subscribtions externaly or maybe use private
storage, you dont have a way to know where you are subscribed. Do you
know what is the standard way of doing this(maybe the private storage)
or am I missing something?

Re: [Vysper] PubSub question

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
(Please consider replying inline instead of top-posting.)

Matus Zamborsky wrote:
> Unfortunatelly that's only part of the answer. What would you do in
> federated architecture, where many domains interconnect and every domain
> has its own pubsub service. According to the XEP you have to pull the
> subscribtions from all potential pubsub services(better said  I dont see
> in the XEP anything about getting all your subscribtions to different
> domains)

Yes, there is no concept of a central service or repository of all your
pubsub-subs.

But you'd /only/ have to keep a list of all servers you have
subscriptions to, then you are able to query each one for the details.
Private storage would be appriopriate for keeping this list, AFAIUI.

I'd recommend to re-ask this question on the PubSub@xmpp.org list, though.

  Bernd

Re: [Vysper] PubSub question

Posted by Matus Zamborsky <za...@b-ideas.eu>.