Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/24 07:54:26 UTC

Creating a Jira Issue

Stupid Question:

How does one create a commons issue in Jira nowadays? All that I can
find is to create an infra issue (Create/Something Else, or
Create/Create Service Desk Request.

Thanks,

Jochen

Re: Creating a Jira Issue

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Jan Matèrne (jhm) <ap...@materne.de> wrote:

> As Apache Commons is an umbrella project, each of its subprojects could use its own bugtracking system.

Thats how it is. But it only means I ought to rephrase my question
with regards to subprojects. But never mind, Benedikt's already
answered.

AW: Creating a Jira Issue

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
> Stupid Question:

There are only a few stupid questions, and this is none. ;)

> How does one create a commons issue in Jira nowadays? All that I can
> find is to create an infra issue (Create/Something Else, or
> Create/Create Service Desk Request.

As Apache Commons is an umbrella project, each of its subprojects could use its own bugtracking system.
E.g. Commons Lang uses Jira and describes the use here:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/issue-tracking.html

AFAIK all subprojects use JIRA but with different JIRA-projectnames.
So you have to look in JIRA for a meaningful name or - more prominent - on the subprojects documentation.

Jan

Re: Creating a Jira Issue

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 24. Mai 2016 um
09:54 Uhr:

> Stupid Question:
>
> How does one create a commons issue in Jira nowadays? All that I can
> find is to create an infra issue (Create/Something Else, or
> Create/Create Service Desk Request.

Don't select the drop down. Just click the create button. It will pop up
the issue creation dialog. There you can choose the project to create the
issue for.
If you select the project beforehand the create button will have the
project pre selected.

Benedikt