Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Keisuke Matsubara <k-...@bx.jp.nec.com> on 2005/09/08 15:51:59 UTC

[M1] best practice in which case there are many sub projects

Hi,practice

I am searching workaround performance problem of reactor.
If someone has good method ,please inform me.

My project has about 900 sub projects of J2EE applications. These sub
projects are grouped by name of artifact ,and each group has name. Some
groups has over 100 artifacts. I hope I execute maven by group name ,but
maven:reactor has performance problem in which case there are many sub
projects. So I separate goal for each group like following ,and execute
maven goal to goal.

If there is best practice in which case there are many sub projects
,please inform me.

---maven.xml---
  <!-- for group A -->
  <goal name="war:A1">
    <maven:reactor basedir="${project.root.dir}"
               includes="src/war/Aa*/project.xml"
               goals="war:war"
               banner="Building"
               ignoreFailures="false">
  </goal>
  <goal name="war:A2">
    <maven:reactor basedir="${project.root.dir}"
               includes="src/war/Ab*/project.xml"
               goals="war:war"
               banner="Building"
               ignoreFailures="false"/>