Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nirmala <ni...@polaris.co.in> on 2010/12/14 14:52:58 UTC

Not implemented yet issue with YEARFRAC() in Excel 2007

I want to use YEARFRAC For my calculation

Eg:
in cell A3 i have given date 10/10/2010
in cell A4 i have given date 10/10/2020

in A5 i have given formula =YEARFRAC($A$3,$A$4,1)

When i evauate this particular cell in java its throwing exception as

java.lang.RuntimeException: Not implemented yet
	at
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFEvaluationWorkbook.getNameXPtg(XSSFEvaluationWorkbook.java:105)
	at org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.function(FormulaParser.java:916)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parseNonRange(FormulaParser.java:556)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parseRangeable(FormulaParser.java:427)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parseRangeExpression(FormulaParser.java:266)

Can any one resolve this problem?

thanks

Re: Not implemented yet issue with YEARFRAC() in Excel 2007

Posted by Nirmala <ni...@polaris.co.in>.
If I use Excel 2003, HSSF is working for YEARFRAC() function.Only problem
with Excel 2007 it showing runtime Exception Not yet Implemented yet.

Re: Not implemented yet issue with YEARFRAC() in Excel 2007

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Nirmala wrote:
> I want to use YEARFRAC For my calculation

YEARFRAC ought to work. If you try the same thing with HSSF, does that
work? If you try with values, rather than cell references, does that
behave itself?

Nick

Re: Not implemented yet issue with YEARFRAC() in Excel 2007

Posted by Nirmala <ni...@polaris.co.in>.
Hi,

Thany you very much.I will try with this with new jars.When i used HSSF
object the performance is very high,but for XSSF it is taking more time.

Eg.

To create one HSSF Object it is taking time around 344 milli seconds.
for XSSF object it is taking around 1953 milli seconds.
Even for evaluation of formula it is taking more time.

Can you just suggest any thing for performance tuning in XSSF (Excel 2007).

Re: Not implemented yet issue with YEARFRAC() in Excel 2007

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
You should replace all POI-3.7 jars with the jars from the latest
nightly build.
Namely:
poi-3.8-beta1-20101216.jar
poi-ooxml-3.8-beta1-20101216.jar
poi-ooxml-schemas-3.8-beta1-20101216.jar
poi-scratchpad-3.8-beta1-20101216.jar

where 20101216 is the date of the latest build.

Yegor

Posted by Nirmala <ni...@polaris.co.in>.
Hi,

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.