Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by ch...@coherity.com on 2002/05/17 01:36:21 UTC

Unable to resolve prefix 'xalan'

I need some help in using xalan-c. I compiled xerces (1.6) and xalan
(1.3) on both Linux (RedHat 7.2) and Solaris 2.6, the build processes
were okay, but when I try to run the samples (both testXSLT and Xalan):

testXSLT -IN aInXml.xml -XSL aSSheet.xsl    -- or --  Xalan aInXml.xml
aSSheet.xsl
(where in aSSheet.xsl, I use the Xalan extension function
"xalan:nodeset()" in a select="..." attribute)

I got the error below:

XSLException Type is: XPathParserException
Message is: Unable to resolve prefix 'xalan'.

I tried to run testXSLT by adding the option -EN
http://xml.apache.org/xalan and also tried to put the namespace attribute
xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan" into the <xsl:stylesheet> tag,
and it still has the same problem.

The exact same input xml and xsl stylesheet works perfectly fine with
xalan-c 1.2 (but I need 1.3 for another application to build and run
correctly)

Does anyone know what was wrong with my xalan-c 1.3 build? Any help and
pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chen