Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jörn Böckenkamp <jo...@ton-art.de> on 2004/04/07 17:42:48 UTC

Re: Tomcat and SSL: problem with expiration of VeriSign Global Server ID Intermediate Root

Hi again,

> Now that the VeriSign Global Server ID Intermediate Root cert
> has expired I have to replace the Intermediate Root cert on the
> server. There is an example on how to replace the cert on an apache
> server on their website (and that works fine), but no instructions
> how to replace it on an standalone tomcat server.

It seems that the only way to solve this problem is to get a new
cert from VeriSign. The german support-team had no problem to give
me a new one for free because they think that the expiration is their
problem, so they do anything to help the customer! To get a new
cert just follow the instructions written down in the tomcat
documentation (generate key, csr, get csr-response, import response).

Thx again for your replies!

Joern