Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Joseph Drozdik <jo...@etunnels.com> on 1999/10/13 01:55:49 UTC

os-solaris/5136: stat in http_request.c ->get_path_info returns EOVERFLOW then self-corrects eventually after hitting web-client reload button.

>Number:         5136
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       stat in http_request.c ->get_path_info returns EOVERFLOW then self-corrects eventually after hitting web-client reload button.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I'm trying to create a set of webpages that allows directory index viewing from a webserver to a remote filesystem over nfs.

I go to a sample url and the dir listing tipically comes up fine. Sometimes the icon for a folder or the parent dir arrow will be replaced with unknown.gif. If I browse to a subdir then come back 99% of the time I will get a permission denied page with these errors logged.

[Thu Oct  7 19:55:36 1999] [error] [client 209.17.141.34] (79)Value too
large for defined data type: access to /htdocs/c/ failed

209.17.141.34 - - [07/Oct/1999:19:55:36 -0700] "GET /htdocs/c/ HTTP/1.1" 403
298

What happened is that in the file http_request.c in the function get_path_info the stat call returned EOVERVLOW.

If I try a url that is still on the webserver there are no errors and no icon corruptions. This and the fact that the remote access works sometimes leads me to believe that I don't have any config problems.

I wrote small program to test stating over nfs with apache permissions to see if I was having networking problems. I couldn't generate any errors.

Any ideas? It would be nice for the sake of scalability if Apache could work reliably in this kind of environment.
>How-To-Repeat:
In your document tree put a soft symlink to an nfs mounted directory.
Put some subdirs in the target directory.
Access the remote dirs with a browser and browse up and down the remote tree.
If you see a broken parent dir icon try its link anb browse up.

[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]