Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2006/04/07 14:48:37 UTC

Docs for 2.1.9

Can someone please generate the docs for the 2.1.9 release, so we can
put an archive of the docs in the download area like we did for 2.1.8?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

[RT] Improving Release Notes for future versions

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Some ideas:

1- With Jira is posible to generate a summary [1].

should we add something like that for the next release notes?

2-Is good to include the release date into the release notes file.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

[1]
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12310650&styleName=Html&projectId=12310170&Create=Create

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
David Crossley escribió:
> Support from the third corner of the world coming online:
>
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler escribi?:

>> Done. I found there are some links referring to 2.1.8:
>>
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/news.html
>>

> Those sources are in Daisy.
>
> I added to our website update instructions,
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate
> "Process notes for Cocoon Release day"
>
> but not done any Daisy editing or rebuild 2.1 docs.

Thanks David! Did you update the main site?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Ross Gardler escribi?:
> >>built docs are available at
> >>http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs.tar.gz
> >>
> >>Can someone else please update the website, I'm off to bed.
>
> Done. I found there are some links referring to 2.1.8:
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/news.html

Those sources are in Daisy.

I added to our website update instructions,
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate
"Process notes for Cocoon Release day"

but not done any Daisy editing or rebuild 2.1 docs.

> A maybe somewhere else.
>
> I will update javadocs now.

While in cocoon-site svn, i updated the
top-level website
http://cocoon.apache.org/news/

Over.

-David

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Antonio Gallardo escribió:
> I will update javadocs now.
Done! [1] :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/index.html

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Ross Gardler escribió:
> built docs are available at
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs.tar.gz
>
> Can someone else please update the website, I'm off to bed.
Thanks Ross. I will upload the site.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> built docs are available at
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs.tar.gz

Many thanks Ross!
I've uploaded the docs to our dist directory.

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Antonio Gallardo schrieb:

>>> Thanks Carsten for the release. As usual, I will take care of the
>>> javadocs. ;-)
>>>

>> Great, thanks Antonio.
>>
>> I ment the "real" docs from Daisy which we provide as a separate package
>> for download.
>

> I've read this and will do my best to create the package sometime over
> the weekend

built docs are available at
http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs.tar.gz

Can someone else please update the website, I'm off to bed.

Ross

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo schrieb:
>
>>Carsten Ziegeler escribió:
>>
>>>Can someone please generate the docs for the 2.1.9 release, so we can
>>>put an archive of the docs in the download area like we did for 2.1.8?
>>>
>>>Carsten
>>>

>>Thanks Carsten for the release. As usual, I will take care of the
>>javadocs. ;-)
>>

> Great, thanks Antonio.
>
> I ment the "real" docs from Daisy which we provide as a separate package
> for download.

I've read this and will do my best to create the package sometime over
the weekend, I'm afraid I can't do it sooner than that. I still haven't
fixed the broken changes.html file though, if anyone else gets to the
docs gen before I do I suspect it is a simple problem with the
locationamp entry for the status.xml file.

Ross

Ross

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo schrieb:
> Carsten Ziegeler escribió:
>> Can someone please generate the docs for the 2.1.9 release, so we can
>> put an archive of the docs in the download area like we did for 2.1.8?
>>
>> Carsten
>>
> Thanks Carsten for the release. As usual, I will take care of the
> javadocs. ;-)

Great, thanks Antonio.

I ment the "real" docs from Daisy which we provide as a separate package
for download.

(Of course the site needs to be updated as well).

Re: Docs for 2.1.9

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.