Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 1995/03/06 19:50:54 UTC

Re: Content Negotiation

>> GET / HTTP/1.0
>> Accept: */*
>> Accept: image/gif
>> Accept: image/x-xbitmap
>> Accept: image/jpeg
>>
>> We are doomed.  I'm sending flame mail to www-talk.
>
> what's the problem. I thought the standard was to write Accept: like
> this, and that Mosaic et-al were doing it wrong.

They are both wrong.  I'll post to this list when the next revision
of the standard is ready (sometime tonight or tomorrow).  It contains
a lot more info on Accept.

......Roy Fielding   ICS Grad Student, University of California, Irvine  USA
                                     <fi...@ics.uci.edu>
                     <URL:http://www.ics.uci.edu/dir/grad/Software/fielding>