Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY1)" <Ka...@bosch-si.com> on 2016/09/06 15:32:26 UTC

[proton-j] Connections per client

Hi,

I have implemented an AMQP 1.0 server on top of vertx-proton (using
proton-j under the hood). When I connect to the server, I get the
impression that the server will only accept and establish a single
connection per client (identified by IP address/port).

Is that right, and is this configurable?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

Re: [proton-j] Connections per client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
That doesn't sound expected and I've likely done something vaguely
similar with it in the past (minus the verticles). I'd say that sounds
like a bug in either your [server] usage, the vert.x wrapping of
proton-j, vert.x (/netty, though seems unlikely), and then maybe
proton-j itself (which as being used is just giving/taking a stream of
bytes and doesn't know or care much about most of the rest).

In general I'd expect most questions/issues around those bits to begin
in the vert.x community, and then if some issue or discussion became
centered around proton-j itself it would things transition here.

If you have a reproducer I'd suggest debugging what differs between
the success and failure case and perhaps giving details (and even the
reproducer) on a vertx issue.

Robbie

Posted by "Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY1)" <Ka...@bosch-si.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.