Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net> on 2008/03/14 18:28:24 UTC

impossible to put metadata file in cache

Hi
I've having some troubles working with Ivy. My current issue is that I
get the followinging warning when I try to resolve a published ivy file
locally:
[ivy:resolve] :: problems summary ::
[ivy:resolve] :::: WARNINGS
[ivy:resolve]     impossible to put metadata file in cache:
G:\per\Development\java\MinaProgram\Eclipse\IvyTest\source\slf4j-api\dist\ivy.xml
(working@local). java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and
Settings\Per\.ivy2\cache\org.slf4j\slf4j-api\ivys\ivy.original-working@local.xml

When I use the following ant calls:
        <ivy:cleancache />
        <ivy:resolve
file="${project.root}/${modules.dir}/${module.name}/${publish.dir}/ivy.xml"
/>
        <ivy:retrieve ivypattern="[module]/[artifact].[ext]"
pattern="[module]/[artifact].[ext]"  />

With the property module.name=slf4j-api the ivy:retrive call only
downloads the jar artifacts and not the ivy file, since it wasn't resolved.
Why do I get the "impossible to put metadata file in cache" warning?
This happens when I'm using ivy 2.0.0-beta2.

When I'm using Ivy 2.0.0-beta1 I still get the warning but now
ivy:retrieve fails with with the following output:
impossible to ivy retrieve: java.lang.RuntimeException: problem during
retrieve of org.slf4j#slf4j-jdk14: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Documents and Settings\Per\.ivy2\cache\org.slf4j\slf4j-api\ivy-1.4.3.xml

Per Hermansson

Re: impossible to put metadata file in cache

Posted by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/