Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Clayton <rc...@iesinc.net> on 2004/09/21 02:00:15 UTC

war file not deleted on an undeploy

I've run into a problem running Tomcat 5.0.24 and later on Windows XP
(Service Pack 2). When I deploy a web app as a war file using the Tomcat Web
Application Manager, the web app works as expected. However when I then use
the Undeploy link on the Tomcat Web Application Manager page, the web app is
undeployed, the directory under $CATALINA_HOME/webapps is removed, but the
war file remains. That keeps me from easily redeploying the web app through
the manager interface. The only way to remove the war file is to shutdown
Tomcat.

I am running a fresh install of Tomcat with the default settings and have
tried this with numerous web apps, some simple, some complex.

When I try this on any version of Tomcat 5.0.x up to Tomcat 5.0.19, the war
file is deleted on an undeploy (i.e., normal behavior).

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is this a bug in Tomcat or an issue
with Windows? Are there any configuration settings in Tomcat one can use to
work around this problem?

Bug #28262 in Bugzilla seems to address an issue close to this.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,

Richard Clayton