Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca> on 1998/01/24 12:01:34 UTC

Re: Time for a beta release ???

> Just to make sure that people notice this... Are we ready?
> Seems to me that 1.3b4 is ready for a wider release with 1.3
> maybe a few weeks after that?

I have tried a couple of times to get someone to change the name of the
new_connection() function in http_main.c.  Just to summarize, the problem
is that it conflicts with a commonly used ldap library.  I suggested
changing it to ap_new_connection(), but people didn't like that name.
And, it can't be made static because mod_perl uses it.  So, could we
just change the damned thing and get on with it?  I don't care what the
new name is.  It should be possible to agree on something here.
Non-static private functions with very generic names are bound to cause
problems.

-Rasmus

Re: Time for a beta release ???

Posted by Ron O'Hara <ro...@pen.sentuny.com.au>.
I have the same issue with 'palloc' which conflicts with Postgres and
posted (PR 1652) and posted a solution to the list but have not had any
feedback.

Ron O'Hara