Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/01 17:04:40 UTC

[HEADS-UP / DISCUSS] Proton 0.34.0 release next week

This is a heads up that I'm aiming to start doing a Proton 0.34.0
release early next week.

I'd like to note that the MacOS based CI builds are currently failing.
From https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-2351 it seems to be
some kind of incompatibility with libuv 1.41 following its
introduction on the CI nodes. Whilst I dont especially like the idea
of releasing with that being the case I note it also isnt a regression
since 0.33.0, which would now act the same after 1.41 being
introduced. A solution isnt imminent, whilst a release is really
rather long overdue at this point, so I think proceeding makes most
sense. I'll also happily do another release after a fix actually
materialises.

Per the JIRA note, I have also just tweaked the Travis CI build config
to allow for such failures in the overall result currently, so as to
help avoid masking other issues having come up in the more numerous
Linux builds (as seems to have already happened) until this gets
resolved. The GitHub Actions build still fails overall due to a MacOS
build failure, so it is still being seen.

Robbie