Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by anthony shaw <an...@apache.org> on 2017/05/03 07:17:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] OpenStack support from over the fence

Hi,

It's Anthony from the Apache Libcloud project, I'm looking at our OpenStack
support (in particular Nova), which is really out of date.

We support 2.0, they are on version 13
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/mitaka.html#

I don't understand whether 13 means Keystone 3 and Nova 2.2, it's
challenging to see from the documentation.

What's the status on jClouds? Are you continuing to support and evolve
OpenStack support?

Regards
Anthony Shaw, aka @tonybaloney

Re: [DISCUSS] OpenStack support from over the fence

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
We've got help from Google, Microsoft and ProfitBricks to develop
their providers, which is great. The Microsoft guys were very kind and
helped a lot bootstrapping the ARM provider. If can share the contact
we have if you could be interested in getting in touch.

Thanks for the OpenStack env offering! Has it been manually
provisioned, or it is a devstack / something that is fully automated?

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
I have a OpenStack deployment running in GCP, Keystone 3 and nova 12 (2.1 API)

If anyone wants to use it for dev and test please email me. I'm going to blow it away in a week so it's just a sandbox.

Also, can I point you to our tests which have test fixtures for 90% of our supported clouds, recorded from production deployments. It may come in useful if you're struggling to find real APIs or accounts.

Anthony Shaw
Interesting and encouraging to see that we're aligned closely.
Azure ARM support was a big feature for us in the recent 2.0 release, continuing to support that is a priority. We're also seeing continued support from the community for Google Cloud and of course AWS.

We need to add Keystone 3 support, although it hasn't been requested directly from users it is a gap and if we don't fix it now it will continue to widen.

Alibaba Cloud, or Aliyun is also becoming quite popular and we have seen lots of contributions as well as I reached out directly to their developers to ask for support. With regards to time and community development support; I'm trying to involve the cloud providers as much as possible since many of them have dedicated open source teams. Google have been actively contributing and even adding API features ahead of their release, which is spectacular for us. Azure and AWS continue to be supported solely by the community.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Anthony!