Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Nicholson <ro...@elastica.com> on 2006/11/12 18:37:39 UTC

SpamAssassin in Mac OSX Server?

Is anybody using SpamAssassin in conjunction with OSX Server 10.4 and
is it simply to simply upgrade the SA release independent of what
ships with OSX Server and keep all the GUI configuration working?

Re: SpamAssassin in Mac OSX Server?

Posted by Patrick Sneyers <cg...@bulckens.com>.
You risk any Apple OS/security update to overwrite your up-to-date SA.
I run my own SA on OSX Server in different directories. But I don't
use the built in Postfix (We have CommuniGate Pro) so it's easy for
me. It'll be tricky to get the built-in postfix to work with any SA
other than the default. And again you risk breaking this conf with
any update from Apple.

An option "could" be to manually re-install the latest SA after each
OS update from Apple (keep a backup of all your custom rulesets).

Patrick Sneyers

Op 12-nov-06, om 18:37 heeft Robert Nicholson het volgende geschreven: