Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/02 12:09:06 UTC

Re: Updated deployment guide for 0.6.x version

This is fantastic summary and suggestions. sorry to reply later due to long
holiday here.
We are welcome your contribution very much also.

Could you please help to update our install wiki for these:
Installation Guide:
https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin/wiki/On-Hadoop-CLI-installation

FAQ:
https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin/wiki/FAQ-on-Kylin-Installation-and-Usage

For other suggestions, please refer to below comments:

5. Can we add some notes about minimum settings required for hadoop , hbase
and hive for kylin to run correctly.
There are old readme file has such information, will update to the new one
also: https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin/blob/master/README_old.md

6. We could also make a FAQ section about commin issues faced during build
, install , hive table impprt , cube creation , cube build etc.. this may
reduce some traffic for you guys in support for common issues
Please update FAQ to this wiki:
https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin/wiki/FAQ-on-Kylin-Installation-and-Usage

7. can we add one sample star schema pre-build after installing kylin. This
will help user to play with kylin immediately.
There's one sample datasets and cubes shipping with code and release,
please refer to /example folder and GUI for more detail (only v0.6.x with
deploy.sh script).

Please feel free to send your issues, suggestions to us.

Thank you very much.

Luke

Best Regards!

Luke Han