Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Morel, Jeremy" <j....@snhu.edu> on 2006/07/24 22:00:32 UTC

SSL - Self Signed Cert appears to work but doesn't.

All,

I'm sure this is a very basic queston and has been asked many times, but
I'm trying to import a self-signed cert.  I've followed instructions to
do so on the apache site, and also verified with several others who
concur I've done the steps correctly.  There are no errors indicated in
catalina.out, yet I can not access anything via HTTPS.  (I have changed
the connector port from 8443 to 443, but it's not working either way.)

Requests eventually time out.  HTTP requests work just fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Please mail me directly at
j.morel@snhu.edu

-Jeremy

____________________________
Jeremy M. Morel
Programmer / Analyst
Department of Computing Resources
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 North River Road
Manchester, NH, USA 03106-1045
Phone: (603) 668-2211 Ext. 2337
Fax: (603) 645-9775
IM: JeremySNHU

Re: SSL - Self Signed Cert appears to work but doesn't.

Posted by Jack <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have some instructions for building certs and setting up tomcat config at:
    http://jack.godau.googlepages.com/jbosscertificatesandopenssl
Maybe you will find some useful info there.

Cheers
Jack...

--
Cheers
Jack...

The claim "natural" is not synonymous with safe.