Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <am...@mxi.com> on 2007/02/21 17:40:11 UTC

Encrypting password in connector plan

Hi,

I have a connector plan in my application that sets up the Tranql Oracle
datasource that is used for DB connections.  In this plan, I have to
specify all the connection information including the password to connect to
the database.  Is there way to have Geronimo encrypt the password upon
server startup?

Here is a snippet of my connector plan:
----
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>TestDataSource</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">password</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">username</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:1521:or01</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
----

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *