Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/03 21:17:06 UTC

Timeout on form authentication

Tomcat fans,

I was wondering whether anyone has found an elegant way (or has pointers to
information on how) to deal with a timeout on the login form (form based
authentication).

Ideally I would want to hide this completely from the user using whatever
coding is needed. If that can't be achieved I am ok by redisplaying the
login page with some kind of "timeout/retry" message.

Many thanks indeed!

Peter

Re: Timeout on form authentication

Posted by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your time/answers.

>> Ideally I would want to hide this completely from the user using whatever
>> coding is needed.
>This would be a custom authenticator. You should be able to use
>org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator as the basis for this.
Does not look like to be a 4 hour job :(

>> If that can't be achieved I am ok by redisplaying the
>> login page with some kind of "timeout/retry" message.

>A custom 408 error page should do the trick for this.
Could I redirect from within that page to a protected resource and would
Tomcat then restart the authentication procedure? How could I get hold of
the URL for which the original login was started, as that is where I would
want to redirect to.

Mark

Re: Timeout on form authentication

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.