Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 23:35:24 UTC

framesets on the web server

Does anyone know off-hand if framesets are allowed for web page display on
the web server? I have just uploaded an area using frames, and well, it
doesn't work as I expected. If not, I'll retool. Thanks.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason

Re: framesets on the web server

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>wrote:

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know off-hand if framesets are allowed for web page display on
>> the web server?
>>

> They probably do work (it's client-side in the end), but I'd rather avoid
> going back to the Nineties if we can! Seriously: if there is anything you
> are considering frames for (I didn't check your test commit) we can
> probably find alternative solutions that are not so broken with respect to
> user expectations in 2014.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

OK...this involves a document with a VERY long TOC navigation...I will look
into other alternatives. I've done something similar with CSS frames, but
basically the same idea.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.