Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kiran Patel <ki...@simas.com> on 2004/09/22 19:15:32 UTC

How to configure crystal report 10 in Tomcat 4.1

Hello

I have a web application using tomcat 4.1.  I want to access a crystal report.  I have installed crystal report 10.  Can I view that from Tomcat 4.1?  What are the configuration steps?  I found the instruction for Tomcat 5.0 in the web, but not for Tomcat 4.1.  Please help me.

Thanks

Kiran Patel
Software Engineer
Solutions Inc.

RE: How to configure crystal report 10 in Tomcat 4.1

Posted by David Short <ds...@san.rr.com>.
Please post the steps if/when you get this figured out.

AW: How to configure crystal report 10 in Tomcat 4.1

Posted by Steffen Heil <li...@steffen-heil.de>.
Hi

> I have a web application using tomcat 4.1.  I want to access a crystal
report.  I have installed crystal report 10.  Can I view that from Tomcat
4.1?  What are the configuration steps?  I found the instruction for Tomcat
5.0 in the web, but not for Tomcat 4.1.  Please help me.

Have you tried to follow these instructions?
First, if CR10 uses the newest servlet specification, then it can't work, as
only Tomcat5+ implements these.
Second, if CR10 uses a older specification, you should be able to use
tomcat5 as it where tomcat4. I moved all my webapps and had NO problem.
Anyway, I am using servlets nearly all of the time with no JSPs.
So go ahead, try it. (On a testing server.)

Regards,
  Steffen