Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Swapan Mazumdar <sw...@dataworld.co.za> on 2003/10/10 11:03:58 UTC

let web tomcat talk 2 lan tomcat

Hi forum,

I am having a difficult scenario where one tomcat sitting on webserver needs
to invoke a servlet from the other tomcat machine which not on web.
How can I let the tomcat on web to communicate with tomcat on LAN.

I would very much appreciate any response and insights from all.

Regards
Swapan Mazumdar

Re: let web tomcat talk 2 lan tomcat

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Tomcat by itslef has no ability to do this. But if on the first server you
have apache, then you can use JK.

Otherwise - you'll need to poroxy the request yourself. There is a jakarat
project called HttpClient which makes this easy to do.

-Tim